You are Part of the Event!
CONNECT2017: Main Street 2.0 – Tuesday, November 7 (note date change)
An important part of each year’s CONNECT event are the Installations. This year we will feature 10-12 installations representing innovative ideas that will keep our region’s Main Streets thriving in the face of great change in consumer, personal and community behavior as it relates to downtown.
Your idea has been selected and you now have the opportunity to work with one of our most creative, visionary and successful local entrepreneurs, Bill Whyte from W.S. Badger on your idea and with one of region’s most exciting new companies, Machina Arts, to create the installation, a visual representation of your idea, at the event. Dates are as follows:
- All meetings are on Wednesdays from 4-6 p.m. at the Hannah Grimes Center
- August 30, Roxbury Room (upstairs) – idea development with Bill Whyte
- September 20, Roxbury Room – idea development
- September 27, Roxbury Room – installation development with Machina Arts
- October 18, Colony Room in the Hive (co-working space upstairs) – installation development
- October 25 and November 1 – Machina Arts will be available in the Hive to continue to work with anyone who is looking for input and help
We are finalizing our downtown event location, the current time frame for putting up the installations is November 2-4, this will ultimately depend on our venue.